Pages

Saturday 13 October 2018

El Marchador Tacos, Leeds

El Marchador Tacos is the UK’s first all vegan Tequila bar serving up a wide range of beers, cocktails and Mexican junk food. They have kitchens in both Manchester and Leeds. The first time I visited was back in June when they were based in Chida Cantina in Leeds, which they have now taken over completely, and I was lucky enough to eat there again recently.

I was so exciting when I first visited back in June, and I went a bit overboard on the food front! I got loaded fries, "fish" tacos, and my all time favourite snack, plantain chips! The loaded fries were a great portion size, crispy, and the toppings were delicious! 


The fish taco portion was again HUGE for the price! I was never a big fish eater before I became vegan, but the crispiness of the batter and the incredible fishy taste they gave was delicious. I was too full to eat the plantain chips, but the staff were kind enough to put them in a take away bag and I was able to eat them at work the next day. They were still lovely and crisp and their paprika seasoning was perfect.

My friend and I decided to go there for food again on a Saturday afternoon before a wrestling show in town. The bar is set up with outside seating as well as booths and tables inside, and an open kitchen so you can see your food being made.


This time I decided to order a quesadilla with mojo mushroom. Before becoming vegan, like most vegetarians, I absolutely loved cheese, so I am always drawn to vegan dishes with cheese substitutes. The quesadilla did not disappoint, it was crispy on the outside, with lovely molten cheese on the inside, delicious and filling.


I am so grateful to live and work in a city like Leeds with all these new vegan restaurants popping up. El Marchador Tacos not only does amazing food for incredible prices, but they also have a weekly quiz on a Wednesday night (which I am sadly yet to attend) and also run taco Tuesdays where you can get even cheaper food and drinks!

I already have plans to take a couple of my friends there for food in the near future (vegetarian and omnivore). One last thing to say about El Marchador, I would like to emphasise how absolutely lovely the staff in there were when my friend and I visited. We had a great conversation with the barman about wrestling, and the chef who brought our food over was very personable also. I have visited restaurants in the past where staff have seemed almost burdened to serve you, so the friendliness of the staff when we visited was much appreciated.

Find out more about El Marchador by visiting their facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/marchadortacos or their website at https://www.elmarchadortacos.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment