Pages

Tuesday 31 July 2018

Wanderer Junk Food, Trinity Kitchen, Leeds


Wanderer Junk is an all vegan junk food stall currently based in Trinity kitchen.
The first time I visited was in June 2018 when their menu consisted of vegan fried chicken, sandwiches, mac and cheese, and loaded tater tots.

For my first meal, I got the mucky tater tots which were lovely small hash brown type potato bits topped with cheese sauce, bacon bits, scallions, and crispy onions. The food was lovely and extremely filling.


Only a day later, and I was back at the stall and ordered the loaded mac and cheese (bacon bits, scallions, sour cream, and extra cheese). Again, this was delicious! As all the food is made to order, the pasta was cooked perfectly and the cheese sauce was exquisite!


I went back to trinity kitchen a month later, and, after having a little panic attack when I couldn’t find the stall in the same place it was before, I discovered it had moved location and had a different menu now! The new menu consisted of burgers and hot dogs that I was excited to try out.


I went for the Jersey Shore burger which consists of a burger patty, pepperoni, peppers (jabenero!), onions, cheese and tomato jam. It was incredible! I don’t know what the burger patty is made of, but it is so juicy, and red like meat (if that’s what you’re into!). It was displayed without the bun top on so you can see what’s in it, and was really filling. Also, for £10 I got the burger and a can of vegan Bad Co. Boston Tea Party beer, so it’s amazing value as well as being delicious!


I would definitely recommend Wanderer Junk to anyone fancying some tasty junk food, whether you are vegan or not. Along with their great range of food, they also have lots of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, and you can upgrade your meal to include chips.

My one piece of advice would be to leave yourself a reasonable amount of time to order your food! Every time I have been there has been a reasonable queue, and as previously mentioned, the food is made to order, so you often have to wait 10-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment