Pages

Saturday 30 June 2018

TheVeganKind Lifestyle Box - June 2018


TheVeganKind was founded in 2013 as a monthly subscription box in the UK. The monthly boxes would contain not only vegan foods, but also non-edibles that you need for a vegan lifestyle. Since 2013, TVK has grown massively, and a long with their monthly lifestyle boxes, they now have beauty boxes on subscription, and a very well stocked vegan online supermarket.


For Christmas last year, my Mother got me a three month subscription to their lifestyle box, and I was so impressed by the content of the boxes, I decided to continue with my subscription! There's nothing quite as exciting as realising your monthly box has been delivered and ripping into it to see what surprises there are to enjoy this time!

Clarana Bunte Schokolinsen

I've seen this advertised and I've always fancied trying them. They taste just like UK chocolate smarties but are 100% vegan! The bag size was huge, so I initially portioned it up and took some to work as a snack, before scoffing the rest of the bag in one sitting at home with family (I did manage to share some!) These are just another example of how easy it is to get alternatives to sweets that we love!
Website: www.clarana.de Instagram: @clarana.vegan

Beanies Flavour Coffee variety pack

These coffee sachets were a lovely treat in the box, I really enjoyed looking forward to each different coffee in the morning as I settled in at work! I made mine with a bit of boiling water and then topped up with hot plant based milk! My favourites were the cookie dough and the chocolate orange. I would definitely recommend this variety pack if you are interested in trying different flavours of coffee or you already love flavoured coffees.
Website: www.beaniesflavourco.co.uk Instagram: @beaniescoffee

Lucuma Magazine Volume 13

This month's non-edible item was a bit different to the usual stuff - it was a vegan magazine! I really enjoyed reading the interviews and looking at the tasty recipes (although I've not had a chance to attempt any yet!). My favourite article in the magazine was the fashion item where the lucky model got to try on loads of amazing outfits and try out all the great vegan food London has to offer!
Website: www.lucuma.co.uk Instagram: @lucumamagazine

Mello Mild Chilli watermelon seeds

As a lover of all things seedy, I absolutely loved these mild chilli watermelon seeds! They were an ideal sized portion and they were seasoned to perfection. One of the reasons I love this subscription box so much is that it helps you to discover delicious brands like this that you might otherwise be unaware of!
Website: www.mellodrinks.co.uk Instagram: @mellomelonjuice

Clearspring organic wholegrain rice cakes - buckwheat and quinoa with seeds and rice syrup

I was a bit apprehensive about these rice cakes, as rice cakes are often very dry, and I thought the addition of seeds to these might worsen that issue. However, I couldn't have been more wrong! I tried one on it's own and it was great - the addition of seeds and rice syrup really gave it a lovely flavour. I then tried one with peanut butter and it was even better. These are great for a nice little snack, especially as they are only 31 calories per cake!
Website: www.clearspring.co.uk Instagram: @clearspringuk

Clearspring Japanese organic matcha shot

Having never tried matcha before, I decided to try this shot with just boiling water. It was lovely, and a nice alternative to my normal fruit tea that I have first thing in the morning.
Website: www.clearspring.co.uk Instagram: @clearspringuk

JOM Organic Fizzy Caramel Sweets

These sweets were incredible! The smell of caramel hits you as soon as you open the packet, and when you eat them it's an explosion of flavour in your mouth - the contrast between the sweet, buttery caramel flavour and the very sour fizz is intense. The consistency of these sweets is amazing too, which is often very difficult to get in vegan sweets.
Website: www.jomorganic.com Instagram: @jomorganic

Purely wild garlic plantain chips

Last but not least, one of my favourite things in the world, plantain chips! I was actually surprised at my self restraint with these as I managed to eat them over a couple of sittings rather than in one go. If you love garlic, these are the crisps for you, the flavouring was amazing which can often be lacking in crisps. I will definitely be looking out for their chips in the future.
Website: www.welovepurely.com Instagram: @welovepurely

--------------------------

I was really impressed by this month's TheVeganKind lifestyle box. In the past there have been things I've not really enjoyed, but I liked everything this month and would happily try any of the products again. What's also great about this box is that it's suitable for any age or gender, so everyone in the family can enjoy it!

My favourites were probably the plantain chips from Purely and the sweets from JOM. It's always so annoying to find milk powder in amazing sounding crisps, or gelatine in what feels like 99% of jelly sweets, so it's always great to find vegan alternatives to my childhood favourite things.

You can order a TheVeganKind subscription or one off box at https://www.thevegankind.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment